Monday, May 7, 2012

Change of plan for this Blog

We arrived safely in London yesterday - only to discover that I have left the charger for my laptop computer at home. I had intended to carry the laptop in it's own carry bag - but, as we packed all the clothes we needed to take with us for the cruises, we found that we needed to take aircraft cabin bags with us as well as our two suitcases. So I transferred the laptop and mouse to a cabin bag - without remembering the charger and it's associated cable still lurking inside the computer bag.

At this time, I cannot think how I will be able to update this Blog on an almost daily basis over the next 7 weeks, without needing to charge the laptop battery regularly. So, I will probably have to keep my notes - and just complete it as a trip report rather than as a live Blog. This was what I did for our Tahiti cruise - but for a different reason.

Any way - our flight to London was uneventful (except for our seats being placed in the row immediately behind the "screaming baby and toddler" row)  My advice to all future long haul travelers is to watch for this!!

We were very fortunate to have a VERY quick progression through the infamous Heathrow Border Control - only 15 minutes from the time we joined the end of the queue to the time we walked out into the arms of our driver who was waiting with his brand new S class Mercedes to take us to our hotel opposite Lambeth Palace. The early morning weather was good - but did not last for long. We went for a short walk along Southbank - and then went to the Imperial War musem for the rest of the afternoon

Off to Southampton now.

No comments:

Post a Comment